PO Box 8311, Missoula MT 59807 (406) 543-8113; (406) 54308146 fax;
email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Bicycle helmet programs
In one way or another, we've been involved in the bicycle helmet field for
over a dozen years. In the early 1980s we created some of the earliest local
helmet promotions, working with local schools, bike clubs, and the media.
These efforts pre-date many of the well-known programs. We:
- Organized and ran local annual helmet campaigns from 1981 through
1986; elements included coupon distribution, special events in the schools,
drawings and contests, bus placards, and a broad range of media promotion;
- Created "Lou and his friends have something to tell you"
brochure, along with related poster, and kids' activity book for the HeadSmart
Coalition in 1989; over a million copies have been distributed nationwide;
- Created 48-page helmet campaign guide, two helmet brochures, and Frankenstein
helmet poster for the State of North Carolina in 1988;
- Wrote "Marketing Bicycle Helmets: A Study of Promotional Approaches
for the Florida Department of Transportation in 1989;
- Created numerous television PSAs on a variety of helmet themes;
- Wrote "Bicycle Helmet Promotion in the Mid-1990's and Beyond"
for the NHTSA in 1994;
- Wrote "Procedures and Resource Guide for Bicycle Helmet Promotions"
for NHTSA in 1993.
Return to Tracy-Williams Page Return to Home
Page Return to Awarness Page